Issue – You run your software installer, enter your serial number and the process completes successfully. However, you have no icon on your desktop and when clicking on the Start button, you find no RealData entry in the Program menu.
Solution – This is a symptom of a software install where the user on the computer does not have administrative privilege. Follow these steps, which may require the assistance of a network administrator:
- Log out as the current user on the computer.
- Login as admin. Give the user account admin privilege (temporarily)
- Log out as admin.
- Login to the user account. Install the software.
- Log out of the current user account.
- Login as admin and remove the admin privilege from the user account.