Features in Depth
Two Modes: Classic and Monthly
Version 6 vastly expands the power of your development analysis by offering a choice between the "classic" project cost analysis mode, and a new month-by-month mode, similar to what you find in our On Schedule software for subdivision, condo and land development.
Prompts for all your Project Costs
The software provides a structure to remind you of all your most likely project hard and soft costs. The labels for many of the cost categories can be customized to suit your project's needs. Version 6 has 33 soft cost categories and up to 48 hard cost categories.
Analyze Any Type of Property
CID is flexible enough to handle all of your development analysis needs: apartment buildings, self-storage facilities, warehouses, strip centers, commercial condos and more.
Configure a development and land loan during construction. Optionally refinance into an amortized takeout loan. If you are building to hold the project, you can also refinance into a permanent loan.
- Development loan can be calculated based on % of total project cost, cap rate, as a maximum supported by rent income or as a user-specified amount.
- Optional land loan for the development period
- Amount of permanent loan can be based on resale price or user-specified amount.
Hard and Soft Costs
In classic mode, use our "Short Form" to enter cost per square foot / meter or use our "Detailed Form" where you can itemize dozens of specific hard costs. In month-by-month mode, work with hard and soft costs as well as detailed construction costs on a monthly basis.
- Show resale amount based on cap rate, dollars per square foot or meter, total project cost or user-specified amount.
- In classic mode, calculate income applying different rental rates to different segments of the rentable area; by asking for the total amount needed to achieve a particular capitalization rate; or by using a detailed rent roll.
- In month-by-month mode, work with up to eight different unit types and easily configure income, vacancy and operating expenses for all units on a monthly basis.
- Create partnership structure, including allocations of cash and preferred return
- Generate pro-forma reports for individual partners
15 Professional Reports, including:
- Development Pro Forma – This is your development business plan, summarizing all of the key elements of the project, including funding, hard costs, soft costs, lease-up period income and costs, and a summary of the overall projects costs, financing and equity.
- Resale & Operating Pro Forma – This report shows the potential resale to a new buyer and a pro-forma first year operating statement.
- Build & Hold Pro Forma – This allows the developer to look at his or her equity position, potential resale and projected first-year operating statement.
- Cash Flow Plan – In month-by-month mode, this displays monthly cash flow in detail, along with the progress of your development loan.
- Executive Summaries – These show key information for the project overall, or for an individual equity partner.
For each report, you can specify paper size, color or black/white, number of copies and printer choice. You can even create Adobe® Acrobat-compatible PDF files. Our macro-driven programming does it all for you.
Extensive Documentation and Support
- Quick Start Guide - All essential details in one page.
- Cell Notes - context-sensitive guidance simply by pointing your mouse over data input cells marked with red triangles.
- User Guide - A comprehensive document covering all product details in convenient Adobe PDF format.
- Technical Support - Contact our support team via email or phone with your specific questions.